Here’s a quick list of free (or cheap) things to do over the holidays:
1) Take a trip to the park with a picnic lunch. Rowntree Park and the Homestead are our favourites but for somewhere a little quieter why not try West Bank Park.
2) Visit the library and sign up for the summer reading challenge.
3) Go to the Art Gallery – take a pencil and pad to make masterpieces of your own.
4) If you live in the City of York and have a York Card then entry to the Castle Museum is free – always good for a rainy day.
5) Another rainy day favourite is the National Railway Museum.
6) Visit your local charity shop and buy games or dressing up clothes (not free but usually cheap and for a good cause)
7) The Yorkshire Museum is free with a York Card and has fun activities on throughout the school holidays.
8) Ride through the solar system along the York to Selby cycle path.
9) Fill the paddling pool and pretend you are at an outdoor pool! Remember – no bombing or petting.
10) Something we don’t know much about but are keen to try is geo-caching.